Silesia - international

youstyn
Nowicjusz
Hufiec:
Chorągiew:

Post autor: youstyn » 10 wrz 2007, 12:08

Of course. It is possible. The rule during the event will be to compose a group consisting of 9 kids and 1 adult but exceptions like 8+2 are taken into consideration.
"...Jutro jest zawsze czyste i wolne od błędów..."

youstyn
Nowicjusz
Hufiec:
Chorągiew:

Post autor: youstyn » 10 wrz 2007, 12:15

In case of any further doubts I recommend contacting silesia2008@zhp.pl. I guarantee all your querries will be answered there. Good luck and see you at Silesia!

fanatieke steenbok
Nowicjusz
Hufiec:
Chorągiew:
Kontakt:

Post autor: fanatieke steenbok » 10 wrz 2007, 17:14

I'm trying to convinse my Explorers to choose for Silsesia...
Can you give me some more information what to expect??

youstyn
Nowicjusz
Hufiec:
Chorągiew:

Post autor: youstyn » 11 wrz 2007, 18:08

This will be a typical scout&guide international gathering with the exception that the majority of the participants will be from the Visegrad Group countries (Poland, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary) but we expect plenty of scouts&guides from other parts of Europe as well. The Jamboree will take place in the Silesian Region, in the local Scout&Guide Centre. During the Jamboree one may expect plenty of activities related to the leading motto "Discover New Worlds". There will be excursions, hiking, water activities, concerts, and movie screenings as well. You are kindly invited...If you wish to become an IST member the application form should be available online in a couple of days. In case of any further questions please contact silesia2008@zhp.pl. You are also welcome to contact me!

Robbie Stewart

Post autor: Robbie Stewart » 12 wrz 2007, 13:15

Hi Perla, we met at Orbis2006. I'm sure the 2008 Jamborette is going to be a great success.

I am likely to take a group to Silesia next summer. I have a question about the location of the camp. Is Chorzow a suburb of Katowice or is it somewhere else? As soon as I know, then I can contact parents about travel arrangements. Could I ask the webmaster put a GoogleMaps link into the main website?

Regards
Robbie Stewart (Scout Leader)
http://www.1st-glasgow.org.uk

Perła
Starszy użytkownik
Hufiec:
Chorągiew:

Post autor: Perła » 12 wrz 2007, 15:39

Hello Robbie :)

I'm very pleased to hear you and your scouts are going to take part in Silesia!
You are right - Chorzow is a suburb of Katowice. You can fly directly from Glasgow Prestwick to Katowice (Wizzair). Airport is about 25 miles from camp - we can help you to rent a bus or cars if you wish to or arrange any other way to travel between airport and camp. More details will be on website in next few weeks.
I will ask webmaster to put a GoogleMaps link into the main website - thanks :) In the next week we will put much more details into the website.
Btw, Robbie - where did you hear about Silesia?

YiS

Perla
phm. Agnieszka Pospiszyl HR
Biuro Zagraniczne GK ZHP
Szefowa Zespołu ds. Europy Środkowowschodniej
Komendantka ds. Programu IX Zlotu Skautów Europy Środkowowschodniej "Silesia 2008"

Robbie Stewart

Post autor: Robbie Stewart » 12 wrz 2007, 22:49

Hi Perla,

Our boys have been REALLY REALLY looking forward to the next Central European Jamboree since Orbis 2006 as they had a fantastic time there. I promised them we'd go to the next CEJ and they remind me every month about this. I've regularly checked ZHP sites for 2008 references as I want to get everything arranged well in advance.

If I can give you some comments about scouts flying in and just general reflection, I would say:

Both Glasgow and Edinburgh flights, I think, arrive at Katowice about 2am and the flights are not daily. This early arrival time is going to cause us problems but not the day of the week as we can stay in Katowice. The departure times are OK.
It is much easier for us if we can borrow tents of a Polish Scout Group due to logistic problems. At Orbis06 we actually had to give all our tents away as they became heavy due to the heavy rain :(
If we are cooking for ourselves, again logistics causes us problems regarding cooking utensils etc
National cuisine/recipes are a VERY good idea in my experience, that would of course be Polish cuisine in this case.
A sub-camp area for performances/dances from international visitors would be welcomed. I've found they're good for mixing nationalities and for general laughter.
A flag circle of flags of national participants went down well in Denmark 07.
A compulsory day of scout service for the public is an excellent advertisement of Scouting.
Quiz sheets for shy younger scouts where they are required to travel across the camp sites asking questions are good for breaking down national boundaries.
A fixed place and time for daily swaps is often good.

I could go on and on ;) but I'll stop there.

I have all the confidence that Polish Scouts will host the best ever Central European Jamboree and am very much looking forward to being part of it.

Best Regards to all the organisers

Robbie Stewart (Scout Leader)
http://www.1st-glasgow.org.uk

Perła
Starszy użytkownik
Hufiec:
Chorągiew:

Post autor: Perła » 14 wrz 2007, 21:41

Hi Robbie
Even after that great storm during Orbis :) your boys are looking forward to this jambo? I'm really pleased to hear this!
In the beginning of September the on-line recruitment will begin.
What I can tell you now about program... Motto is "Discover new worlds" and the programme of the Jamboree will be compound of different programme proposals conducted in 6 areas: discover Silesia, discover Tradition, discover water world, discover scouting, discover and create the future and discover your abilities.
During Silesia will be 5 "program" days with ticket activities, 1 day - "scouting day" - it will be in the camp site, another 1 day - national day - that will be national presentations in the Chorzow's centre.
All troop will have some "homework" to prepare before Silesia, as well as national contingents.
We will have special program for IST members, who will be not on the duty in the evenings.

Robbie Stewart pisze:Both Glasgow and Edinburgh flights, I think, arrive at Katowice about 2am and the flights are not daily. This early arrival time is going to cause us problems but not the day of the week as we can stay in Katowice. The departure times are OK.
This is no problem - we will help you to rent bus or cars if necessary, find you some local troop(s), they will pick you up from the airport and find nice place to spend rest of the night :)

It is much easier for us if we can borrow tents of a Polish Scout Group due to logistic problems. At Orbis06 we actually had to give all our tents away as they became heavy due to the heavy rain :(
We can arrange this as well :) You will have to send info for how many scouts you will need this tents.
If we are cooking for ourselves, again logistics causes us problems regarding cooking utensils etc
National cuisine/recipes are a VERY good idea in my experience, that would of course be Polish cuisine in this case.
Silesia's fee is 'all included' so we will prepare food for all participants - polish cuisine of course :)
A sub-camp area for performances/dances from international visitors would be welcomed. I've found they're good for mixing nationalities and for general laughter.
Sub-camps will have time and place to prepare sub-camps fire - the best time to meet each other :)

A flag circle of flags of national participants went down well in Denmark 07.
We will ask you to take your flag as well!

A compulsory day of scout service for the public is an excellent advertisement of Scouting.
You will have opportunity to do something for local environment during 'discover your abilities' activities.

Quiz sheets for shy younger scouts where they are required to travel across the camp sites asking questions are good for breaking down national boundaries.
All - particpans and adults (leaders and IST members) will have an opportunity to win the friendship award. Of course tasks are push you to talk with people from different countries :)
A fixed place and time for daily swaps is often good.
There will be special place for badges swaps. Because only some of activities will require tickets, small swap places will be in sub-camps.
I could go on and on ;) but I'll stop there.
You are very welcome to go on and on! You can do it on forum or e-mail me! I will be very pleased to hear some ideas that will help me and my friends prepare this jambo even better! :)
I have all the confidence that Polish Scouts will host the best ever Central European Jamboree and am very much looking forward to being part of it.
When I red this, my face became red... :D

Best Regards to all your scouts!

Perla
Biuro Zagraniczne GK ZHP
Komendantka ds. Programu IX Zlotu Skautów Europy Środkowowschodniej "Silesia 2008"

problem with mail

Post autor: problem with mail » 20 wrz 2007, 15:09

I've already tried few times send you e-mail with some questions, but your server thinks this e-mail is SPAM. Can you write me to my e-mail address, how to result it?
thx

Perła
Starszy użytkownik
Hufiec:
Chorągiew:

Post autor: Perła » 20 wrz 2007, 16:24

My e-mail address is pospiszyl@gmail.com

:)
Biuro Zagraniczne GK ZHP

Slovak scout

Post autor: Slovak scout » 26 wrz 2007, 16:11

Perła pisze:My e-mail address is pospiszyl@gmail.com

Slovak scout

Post autor: Slovak scout » 26 wrz 2007, 16:12

I'w written you but there is no answer

Slovak scout

Post autor: Slovak scout » 26 wrz 2007, 16:12

I've written you but there is no answer

Perła
Starszy użytkownik
Hufiec:
Chorągiew:

Post autor: Perła » 26 wrz 2007, 17:13

Hm... I havn't got mail from Slovakia at all... Strange... Could you forrward this e-mail fot pospiszyl@strzelecopolski.pl?
Sorry for the trouble!
Biuro Zagraniczne GK ZHP

youstyn
Nowicjusz
Hufiec:
Chorągiew:

Post autor: youstyn » 01 paź 2007, 11:42

In some case it's the email title that counts!

ODPOWIEDZ
nowoczesne kuchnie warszawa

Wróć do „Silesia'2008”